This is according to Deputy Premier and Minister for Communications and Works Hon Kye M. Rymer (R5).
The school building was ordered closed by the Ministry of Education on June 17, 2022, due to safety concerns. Since then, the more than 350 affected children have been placed at various schools across Tortola.
Speaking at a press conference today, October 28, 2022, Hon Rymer, when questioned about the plans for the building, said he has been in dialogue with the Minister for Education since the school is in his constituency.
“The plan is to tear it down. The engineers have decided that the building is not safe, so we are going through the process.”
According to Hon Rymer, Public Works Department has been tasked with providing a Bill of Quantities to see what it will cost for the building to be demolished.
He also said the plan is to demolish the abandoned Sir Rupert Briercliffe Hall (Cultural Centre) at the same time.
Hon Rymer said plans will then be afoot to start with the rebuilding of the school.