This is according to a media release from the Ministry of Health and Social Development on Sunday July 18, which confirmed that the deceased are a 45-year-old male, a 49-year-old male and a 39-year-male who died yesterday at the Dr. D. Orlando Smith Hospital.
Minister for Health Carvin Malone expressed condolences to the families and loved ones on behalf of the government of the Virgin Islands.
He said, “May God continue to comfort the many families and friends who are hurting and mourning the loss of their loved ones.”
“We will spare no cost, no effort or no time to get whatever we need to stabilize this condition and return to the Virgin Islands that we know, the Virgin Islands that we love,” Minister Malone added.
Meanwhile, the COVID hospital admissions summary statistics as of July 18 are as follows:
The COVID Hospital Admissions Summary statistics as of July 18 are as follows:
* 3 – persons admitted to ER (4 deaths)
* 16 – persons admitted to the COVID-19 ward (8 deaths)
* 1 – person admitted to Behavioural Health Unit remains in hospital
* 4 – persons admitted to ICU (4 deaths)
* 14 – Persons were discharged from the COVID-19 ward
* 1 – person discharge from Obstetric unit
* 24 – hospital admitted patients (1 vaccinated and 23 are unvaccinated)