TIMES.VG

BVI, Caribbeanand International News
TIMES.VG

Cabinet waives tender on $500K contract for gov’t payment gateway

Cabinet waives tender on $500K contract for gov’t payment gateway

The government has entered into a half-million-dollar contract with an entity referred to as ‘Premier Group’ for the configuration and implementation of a payment gateway.
According to a Cabinet most-meeting statement released yesterday, December 23, the payment gateway is expected to provide access to all government services for revenue collection.

The statement further said Cabinet waived the tender process for the $501,544 contract.

The tender process was waived on the basis of “the Government of the Virgin Islands’ pre-existing relationship with Premier Group in developing the present payment portal and familiarity with existing systems”, Cabinet stated.

The Cabinet also decided that the contract for the Premier Group be prepared by the Attorney General’s Chambers in consultation with the Director of Department of Information Technology and the Treasury Department.

The document also noted the government will save approximately $87,000 from purchasing the model of database offered by Premier Group instead of two separate ‘Oracle Database Appliance’ systems.

The group also offer flexibility in payment to the government where they will pay 20 percent of the cost this year and the remaining 80 percent in 2022.

Payment to Premier Group will be $304,432.
Newsletter

Related Articles

TIMES.VG
×