As arrivals into the territory increase, the Ministry of Health has issued a reminder that persons must seek approval for ‘home quarantine’ upon entry into the BVI.
Home quarantine refers to arriving travellers staying at private residential properties and/or on private vessels.
The following are the categories of persons who are required to apply:
• Persons who are unvaccinated
• Persons who are partially vaccinated
• Persons who are traveling WITH unvaccinated persons 18 years and older
• Persons who are traveling WITH partially vaccinated persons 18 years and older
• Unaccompanied minors 17 years and younger
“Applications should be made within five to seven days of travel to the British Virgin Islands. For additional information contact the Environmental Health Division at (284) 468-5110 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org,” the Health Ministry has said.
Persons wishing to apply for quarantine at their private residence can now access the home quarantine checklist online or on the BVI Gateway Portal’s home page.